About the Lost Coast
Welcome to the Lost Coast—a remote Northern California area known for its rugged terrain, black sand beaches and unpopulated wilderness.
About 4 hours north of the San Francisco bay area sits the center of the Lost Coast—Shelter Cove. Year round population in this remote California coastal town is around 850. It’s becoming more of a destination town with several vacation rentals available. The core community is welcoming and caring with abundant year round events and activities. The natural beauty combined with a friendly environment has drawn people from all over to visit the area and make it their home.
The Lost Coast is known for its unpopulated beaches and laid back feel. Ample activities exist from hiking the famous Lost Coast trail, Kings Peak and Bear Harbor to fishing in the Pacific Ocean—either deep sea, sport, or for fun from the rocks. There is excellent mountain biking on the Paradise Ridge Trail and golfing at the 9 hole golf course. Have fun surfing the waves or exploring the black sand beaches looking for shells or checking out the tide pools. This little coastal gem continues to inspire and excite!
- General Info from Humboldt County Visitor’s Bureau
- Info on the Lost Coast from Humboldt County
- Shelter Cove Resort Improvement District
- Shelter Cove Airport Info
- FAQs about building in Shelter Cove
- Tourism Info about visiting Shelter Cove
- Tourism Info about visiting the Lost Coast
- Info on the Lost Coast Trail from Bureau of Land Management
- History of Shelter Cove from North Coast Journal
- Sanctuary Forest
Lost Coast Gallery
View Shelter Cove Properties For Sale
Got questions? Can’t find the info you need? We can help! Call us at 707 923 2119 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.